Thursday, January 17, 2013

What are the best veggies used in juicing?

Q. I just started juicing and would like to know what vegetables are the best type to juice.

A. any vegies are good generally but to be specific;
carrot has beta carotene which is great for skin, eyes and immunity
beetroot is a great liver and blood cleanser
cabbage for ulcers, intestinal problems, gastric issues
rhubarb for kidneys and skin
cucumber for blood pressure and hair, skin, nails
potatoe for gout

happy juicing :) oh if u dont like their taste mix a bit of fruit juice like kiwi, pear or apple in which are great digestives
celery for fluid retention and detox


Is there juice you can buy from the store that is as good as juicing yourself at home?
Q. I've heard the benefits of juicing are great. I want something I can just grab and go with.

A. Look for juices with sediment. Pretty much the easiest rule to remember. That means the juice was juiced and bottled, and usually doesn't come from concentrate. The Simply juices are probably the most widely available ones that are just squeezed oranges, or pressed apples, or lemon juice sugar and water, and aren't from concentrate. Odwalla juices I think are basically freshly squeezed, but to be honest I've never tried one I liked.

Also, if you like apple juice, get apple cider instead. Not the kind that has alcohol in it, obviously, it's just apple juice that hasn't been filtered to remove all the sediment at the bottom. That sediment has good stuff in it.


How long does fresh juice keep its vitamin and mineral content?
Q. I recently started juicing. My question is how long does the fresh juice keep its vitamins and minerals intact. Must I drink it immediately or can I keep it for a day or two?

A. Depends on the juice. Wheat-grass is supposed to be drunk immediately, while others seem to keep well in the fridge.

You would probably have to look it up on google for specific juices.


How long does home made juice keeps?
Q. I have started juicing at home, but just the quantity that will be consumed immediately.
Does anyone know if I can make a whole batch for two of three days and keep it in the fridge?
Does it keep? Or it defeats the whole purpose?
fruit or / and vegetable.

A. The enzymes in the juice will break down very quickly, losing vitamins and taste. I have juices for years, and have learned that juice must be consumed within 15 minutes of juicing, or it gets slimy. If you are doing a single veg or fruit, such as carrot or apple, it will keep for the day if you add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime, but the quality deteriorates. Those enzymes work fast! It breaks down to quickly to save.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment