Friday, January 18, 2013

Is it normal to consume more calories on a juicing fast than a normal diet?

Q. I've just started juicing and I'm noticing that each juice drink I make is about 350 calories or so. So I end up consuming more than my normal 1300 calories per day. To be expected?
I've also lost a lot of weight and right now I'm just trying to lose an extra 15lbs that have crept up over the last two years. I'm only 5'2" so 1300 calories is definitely not too little.

A. Depending on how tall you are 1300 calories doesnt seem like enough. Im currently trying to loose weight and if I go below 1500 calories i actually wont loose any weight at all. How many of these juice drinks are you drinking a day? Make sure these drinks dont have a lot of sugar and make sure your getting the right nutrients.
This may depend on how tall you are im like 5 10 so i burn a lot of calories


what is the best juicing book to buy?
Q. I am new into the juicing world. I would like a book with information about juicing, but always with recipes. Anyone know of any great juicing books???
EDIT- Thos are not good juicing machines. I have the best juicer they make.

A. I bought "Juicing for Life" a few years back and I really like it. I've not purchased a new one because this is so thorough. It's by Cherie Calbum and Maureen Kane. One of them holds a master's degree in nutrition. It has TONS of great recipes.


How do you make fruits & vegetables last longer after juicing?
Q. I want to start juicing for health reasons, but I can't afford to buy a lot of fruits and vegetables that go bad quickly after juicing. Any tips on how to make the juice last longer in the fridge?

A. The more fiber there is in your juice the longer it will last in the fridge. So try adding some of the pulp back into the juice. If you have a blender you can make smoothies (which have more fiber). Also, try to always juice an orange as citrus juices act as a natural preservative. You can also add lemon or lime juice but watch it doesn't make the juice too bitter.


What are some good detox juicing recipes?
Q. I am new to juicing so any pointers are good. I can't do Beets they taste terrible.

A. You should never juice just beets and drink that - that will make you throw up! Can you mix them in with other ingredients? I've never met anyone who doesn't like beets!! ;) Well, here are some juicing recipes that I do (a couple of them do include beets, but you can do without them):

Mean Green Juice
6 kale leaves (or any other leafy greens available)
4 celery stalks
2 apples
1 cucumber
1/2 lemon
1 thumb size of ginger

Fruit Juice #1
watermelon
pineapple
ginger

Fruit Juice #2
apples
oranges
ginger

Grape Feast
grapes + lemon
or
grapes + apple

Red Juice
2 peeled beets
3 large carrots
1 green apple
1/2 lemon
1" ginger

Radiant Lemonade
1 large carrot, topped, tailed, and peeled if not organic�
10 radishes, topped and tailed�
1 apple, quartered�
1 beet, topped and tailed
�juice and finely grated zest of 2 lemons
�up to 1.25 cups naturally sparkling mineral water (optional)

~ Juice the first 4 ingredients. Add the lemon juice and zest. If you want a longer, fizzy drink, add the mineral water.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment