Friday, January 11, 2013

Is drinking fruit juices better than drinking water?

Q. I mostly drink OJ(topicana)w/vitamin D and pineapple/orange/banana juice(dole) through out the day and i barely drink water maybe 3 glasses a day max. So is it really better to drink 10 glasses a day of fruit juice than 10 glasses a day of water?

tnx in advance :]

A. Drinking water is much better for you. Fruit juice contains a lot of sugar. Drink a glass or two of juice and the drink water for the other daily 8 or 9 glasses of fluid.


What kind of fruit smoothies can i make?
Q. i dont have a lot of ingrdiants
i just have:
milk
blueberries
a lemon
silk soy milk
ice
pineapple orange banana juice
water
Oreos
evaporated milk

wat would u reccomend???
and can u tell me how to make it???
plz
and
thx

A. Vegan lemon blueberry smoothie with soy milk and ice


How can my daughter get her fruit servings?
Q. My 12 year old daughter is thin, but not a very healthy eater. She absolutely hates all kinds of fruit. She has been exposed to many different kinds of fruit, but has disliked them all. Even if I put sugar, peanut butter, etc. on the fruit she still does not like the.

I still want to establish healthy eating habits with her, despite her thin body. What are alternate ways my daughter can get her fruit servings?

**My daughter really enjoys Dole Pinapple Orange Banana Juice and orange juice.

A. Try making it a fun thing? And dont press it on her, just eat it yourself and she might want to try it.

Try things like cube up some fruit and put it on toothpicks with something else that she likes... Or kebab skewers. You could freeze the fruit and eat it like an iceblock, works with bananas and oranges.

Kids tastes change though, maybe if she doesnt like fruit she might be into vegetables: carrot sticks and dip etc.


What foods can I give my 7 month old if she HATES baby food?
Q. My 7 month old absolutely detests baby food. I have tried peaches, pears, applesauce, bananas, apples & bananas, sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, and apple juice, pear juice, and apple banana juice. Not one she likes. She actually GAGGED on the peas. Poor girl. So I have come to the conclusion she isn't having any of it.
I give her toddler cookies to chew, and cheetos sometimes, but she is still on formula. She kinda of is ok with Rice cereal. What can I do??? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

A. Use the rice cereal as a base for introducing the other foods slowly.

Mix your usual small bowl of rice cereal and give her a couple of bites. Then mix in a spoonful of any of the basics and give her a couple of more bites. Slowly continue to change the proportion until she's eating more of the fruit or vegetable than the cereal.

Babies refuse food often because the sensations of taste and smell are overwhelming to new tongues and noses. This process gives baby more time to adjust to the flavor.

I guarantee it to work. It is just a matter of determining how slowly you need to change the proportions. A couple of days' worth of easing in might be needed or, if you're lucky, a single session will do.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment